Sex and the City stand-in Heather Kristin recalled Chris Noth’s ‘toxic’ behavior on set of the original HBO show in an updated essay published on Thursday.
Kristin, who says she stood in for Kristin Davis’ character Charlotte for four seasons of the show, originally wrote about an ‘alpha male actor’ who was wildly offensive to female cast members in a viral essay published in February 2021.
Just last week, The Hollywood Reporter published allegations of sexual assault against the star from two women who used the pseudonyms Zoe, now 40, and Lily, now 31.
Trouble: Just last week, The Hollywood Reporter published allegations of sexual assault against Chris Noth from two women who used the pseudonyms Zoe, now 40, and Lily, now 31
Sex and the City stand-in Heather Kristin (far left with Kristin Davis) recalled Chris Noth’s ‘toxic’ behavior on set of the original HBO show in an updated essay published on Thursday; seen on Instagram
In the report, both accusers claim that Noth had sex with them from behind in front of a mirror, with the first attack allegedly taking place in 2004, while the second reportedly occurred in 2015, three years after Noth married his wife, Tara Wilson, with whom he has two children.
Noth has vehemently denied all allegations of sexual assault, but he’s admitted to having ‘consensual encounters’ with both of his accusers.
Kristin’s original essay was titled: ‘I was Charlotte’s stand-in on Sex and the City. Some of the behavior I saw still shocks me’
Kristin’s original essay was titled: ‘I was Charlotte’s stand-in on Sex and the City. Some of the behavior I saw still shocks me.’
In the new piece where she named Noth, she wrote: ‘I remember his toxic behavior all too vividly.’
She added: ‘The first time the ‘alpha male’ actor slid his hand down my back and over my butt, I flinched. I was in my mid-20s and had worked as an extra on movie sets for over a decade; I had never been manhandled. ‘That’s your spot, sweetie,’ Noth said, inching even closer.’
After that first interaction, Kristin made a note to stay as far away from Noth as possible and out of his path while working.
‘My gut said to quit that first day,’ she wrote. ‘Instead, I stayed too long, like staying in a bad relationship for far too many years, hoping I’d persevere and land my big break.’
She recalled another terrible memory working with Cynthia Nixon’s stand-in when Noth made a remark: ‘I want that one tied up, gagged and brought to my trailer.’
‘My gut said to quit that first day,’ she wrote. ‘Instead, I stayed too long, like staying in a bad relationship for far too many years, hoping I’d persevere and land my big break’ (pictured with star Sarah Jessica Parker)
She also wrote, ‘When he got near me, I balled up my fists, squared my shoulders and said, “This is my and her space.” He backed up, dramatically putting his hands up in the air and said, “Whoa, there, little lady!” He didn’t even know my name. I clenched my jaw and didn’t respond. The crew laughed. But I had had enough; I finally stood up for myself and for the other stand-in.’
The Los Angeles Police Department is not investigating Noth ‘at this point’ on claims that he raped a woman in his LA apartment in 2004, after she and a second accuser came forward with allegations of sexual assault against the actor.
Deadline had previously reported that the actor was indeed under investigation, citing LAPD sergeant Bruce Borihanh as saying, ‘We are still looking into the nature of the report and trying to narrow down where, when and if where the report was filed.’
His ‘recently retained’ lawyer Andrew Brettler told Deadline that the actor has not yet been contacted by law enforcement, but that he plans to ‘cooperate fully … if anyone does reach out.’
Chris and wife Tara Wilson had their first son in 2008, got engaged in 2009, and married in Hawaii in 2012. Their second son arrived in early 2020; seen in December
Both women said that the recent publicity surrounding the Sex and the City reboot ‘stirred painful memories’ of their encounters with Noth and ‘triggered’ them to go public with their claims.
In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Noth admitted that he had ‘consensual encounters’ with the two women, but he strongly denied any accusations that he assaulted them.
‘The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,’ the statement reads.
‘These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.’