These soft and chewy apple oatmeal cookies are healthy, delicious, and go perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning! Make a double batch of cookies so you have extra for the week!
Healthy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Say hello to the most delicious oatmeal apple cookies in all of the land. These cookies are perfect any time of year, but especially in the fall when there is an abundance of delicious apples.
We love incorporating apples and applesauce into our baked goods. They act as a natural sweetener and add extra moisture to whatever they’re in.
Why you’ll love them!
Why are these apple cookies so good and how are they healthy? Let me count all the ways.
- These cookies are sweetened with applesauce and brown sugar. A little natural and a little sugar. It’s the perfect combination.
- You can eat these cookies for breakfast, yes BREAKFAST! They are packed with oats and apples and go great with a cup of coffee.
- Making a double batch of these cookies is always a good idea! Pop half of these cookies in the freezer for easy access to delicious cookies forever!
Everything You Need for these Oatmea Apple Cookies
Have no fear, all of the ingredients in these cookies are accessible and easy to find! Here is everything you’ll need!
- White whole wheat flour
- Rolled oats
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
What kind of apples should I use?
Since these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies are supposed to be a sweeter cookies, we recommend using a naturally sweet apple variety. Here are some options:
- Red Delicious
Don’t have some of the ingredients on the list above? That’s ok, there are very easy ingredient swaps.
- White Whole Wheat—-> All-Purpose Flour
- Rolled Oats—> Quick Cooking Oats
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce—> Mashed Banana
- Brown Sugar—> Coconut Sugar
Apple Oatmeal Cookies 101
To get your apples ready to put in these cookies, we recommend peeling your apples and then dicing them up into small chunks.
You can use any apple that you have in these cookies. We used gala apples!
The sky is the limit when it come to mix-ins for these apple oatmeal cookies! Here are some of the mix-ins that we would add into these cookies: raisins, craisins, mini chocolate chips, or flax seed.
Because these cookies are soft and chewy, we recommend storing them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Make sure to let your cookies cool completely before transferring them into a container for storage. Will last up to 3-5 days.
Let cookies cool completely and then place apple oatmeal cookies on a baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes before transferring into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag.
Will last up to 3 months.