An 11-year-old boy is being recognized as a local hero after he helped save not one, but two people in one day. Davyon Johnson was recognized by his community after he helped save a fellow student from choking and later helped a woman from a house fire.
According to KOCO, the heroic actions made by Davyon happened earlier this month when he saw another student choking on a bottle cap. His principal, Latricia Dawkins, explained that the other student was trying to refill his water bottle, and he loosened the bottle cap with his mouth, and the cap slipped into his throat. “Davyon immediately sprinted over and did the Heimlich maneuver,” she said. “From the account of the witnesses, when he did it the bottle cap popped out.”
Davyon said that he learned the Heimlich maneuver from watching YouTube. “Just in case you’re in the situation I was in, you can know what to do,” he said.
Later that day he helped a disabled woman escape a house fire. Davyon said, “It was a disabled lady and she was walking out of her house. She was on her porch. But I thought, being a good citizen, I would cross and help her get into her truck and leave.” He said the fire started at the back of the home before making its way to the front.
Dayvon’s mother, LaToya Johnson, shared that her brother is an emergency medical technician, and said, “I’m just a proud mom.”
Dayvon’s principal also said, “He is just a kind soul and well-liked by his peers and staff alike.”
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94